Sunday, January 4, 2009

Stash Report Week 1, 2009

I came across the idea of keeping track of stash in the middle of 2008. But the year was half over and I had no idea how much I had used up to that point. (Then I kinda forgot about keeping track - oops!) But we now have a new year and I ran across this again, so, here I go:

I am currently working on Pinwheel Parade, which I started (sort of) about 18 months ago when I made BOM kits for guild using this block pattern. My 30 blocks have been sitting and waiting for me ever since the blocks were turned in. That quilt is on my 2009 list of things to work on. It is in progress right now. However, of the 30 blocks, 6 are not quite what I want to use. For now, they will sit on the sidelines and I will continue to make my own blocks to finish off my queen-size quilt. If I need them later, I will add them in. But for keeping track of fabric used, I won't count the BOM blocks, only the blocks I am working on now. I think I will use Judy Laquidara's method of keeping track (pull fabric and cut). I'll admit that not all of my pieces have been cut yet, but they will be soon, and my count for this week includes all the fabric that will be used in all the blocks (no sashing or borders yet).

Fabric Added This Week: 0.0 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 0.0 yards

Fabric Used This Week: 10.4 yards
Fabric Used Year to Date: 10.4 yards

Kathy

2 comments:

Sherry said...

What a great start on your stashbusting year!

Lori in South Dakota said...

Good luck--keeping track can really be fun!